Vacation photographer: my experience
When asked what my most prized possession is, I immediately know my answer. For many people, it would be hard to choose. But, it’s easy for me. It’s all the pictures of my favorite memories that I keep in albums and throughout the house on the walls and in frames. Great photos capture the pure emotion of a moment – how excited you were to be on an adventure in a new place or how blessed you felt to be marrying the love of your life. They create a visual snapshot that you can look back on forever. So, when we were planning our trip to Italy, I knew I’d want to find an amazing vacation photographer to capture some photos for the blog. But, finding them was harder than I thought! It was a challenging process until I stumbled upon Pix Around – your vacation photographer. In a nutshell, they provide a network of professional photographers in more than 100 cities around the world that you can contract with for a private session.
Long before I was a blogger, I was a photography nerd. I bought my first DSLR camera nearly a decade ago just to get better pictures on vacations. So, it goes without saying that quality photography is important to me. That’s why I could barely contain my excitement when I found Pix Around!
Essentially, they make taking fabulous pictures easy. With a large cadre of amazing vacation photographers in Europe (and around the world), they stood out to me in my search. Below are the steps you can follow to connect with one of their experts and get set up for your shoot.
Vacation photographer: HOW IT WORKS
- Fill out the request form – provide your basic info and a way for them to get in touch with you so you can coordinate details on day/time of the shoot based on their availability. I had the BEST experience with their team from start to finish. They are quick to respond and answer any questions you have pre and post session.
- Select a city from their list – PixAround provides custom photography services in more then 100 cities! If you don’t see your city listed, reach out to them and they can confirm if they have anyone available nearby.
- Review the available photographer’s portfolios – once you select your destination, you’ll see a group of photographers available in that area. Based on the photography style you prefer, you can someone who meets your needs (or, you can be stress free and let them pick one for you!).
- Do some research for the locations you want to shoot at – in the 30 minute session you’ll shoot in just one location. But, if you shoot for 60 minutes – you get two! Take a look at Instagram or Pinterest for inspiration and the photographer will have their own ideas. Some of my favorite photos from my shoot aren’t in the locations I had pre-planned!
- Get ready for the shoot! – I’m a planner by nature, but I still highly recommmend that you plan your outfits for your shoot. If you’re taking family photos an easy look is a white shirt and a pair of jeans for your whole crew. It makes the photos look clean and polished.
I mean, let’s be honest – Pasquale absolutely killed it with these photographs right?! You can see other shoots they’ve done on their Instagram pagePixaroud – your vacation photographer too.
Amanda Champion, South Florida fashion blogger